Special to Independent Newsmedia
Wednesday, March 15 is the last date students have to apply for The Dysart Education Foundation (DEF) Scholarships.
These annual awards are given to senior students graduating this May from Dysart, Shadow Ridge, Valley Vista, and Willow Canyon high schools. One student from each high school will receive a $750 renewable scholarship per semester up to four years of post high school education.
Through partnerships with other businesses, organizations, and private donors we are able to offer additional scholarships beyond the four DEF renewable awards. Download and print applications from www.defweb.org to apply for the following:
- DEF $6,000 ($750 per semester, renewable for four years)
- Friends of the Surprise Libraries $6,000 ( $750 per semester, renewable for four years)
- Dysart High School Alumni (Various awards available for DHS students)
- Grand Opportunity Scholarship $5,000 (Female, two year scholarship, $1,250 per semester)
- Arizona Lottery $1,500 ($750 per semester, semi-annual award)
- Southwest Food Service Excellence $1,500 ( $750 per semester, semi-annual award)
- Iris $1,000 ($500 per semester, semi-annual award)
The DEF was established for the purpose of raising, disbursing, and receiving funds to enrich the education and activities of students, teachers, and staff in the Dysart Unified School District.
All applications must be mailed with a post mark date no later than March 15, 2017 to Dysart Education Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Committee PO Box 1898, Surprise, AZ 85378-1898.
Winners will be notified by March 31, 2017 and invited to receive their award with their parents or guardians at the DEF Scholarship Awards Dinner on April 25.
Editor’s note: Donya Davis-Seay is the Dysart Education Foundation Scholarship Chairman