By Chris Caraveo, Independent Newsmedia
A homeowner and her dog are safe after a fire inside a Sun City home Tuesday morning, according to a fire official.
On Feb. 21, at about 10:30 a.m., the Sun City Fire and Medical Department responded to a condominium fire in the 10000 block of West Hutton Drive, behind Bell Center near 99th Avenue and Bell Road.
A Sun City fire spokesperson said the homeowner and her dog were present at the time of the fire. Both escaped without injury.
The fire started inside the garage of the home when a dryer ignited paper bags stored besides it. The fire extended into an adjacent wood cabinet.
There was no extension into the home or attic, the spokesperson said.
The fire caused minor sheetrock and smoke damage inside the garage. The woman resumed occupancy after officials extinguished the fire.
Units from the Peoria and Surprise assisted Sun City Fire with the incident.