By Jay Lickus
Special to Independent Newsmedia
Benevilla’s Birt’s Bistro, 16752 N. Greasewood St., Surprise, will host its annual art show through Friday, Aug. 4 to highlight works from members of its “Life Enrichment Programs.”
The exhibit includes more than 35 pieces in an array of mediums and styles.
Each piece in this show has been created by members of five different Benevilla Life Enrichment Programs:
• Lucy Anne’s Place, which works with members who have early to moderate stages of Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
• Mary’s Place, whose customized memory- care program combines health care and life-enriching therapeutic programming to meet the needs of those experiencing moderate to advanced Alzheimer’s and other relateddementias.
• Restorative Program for those who have Parkinson’s, early to moderate Alzheimer’s disease, stroke survivors or have had a fall-related injury.
• West Valley Program in Peoria supporting stroke survivors, those with Parkinson’s or dementia, and older adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
• Helping Partners Program designed specifically for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities providing life enriching activities and care.
Members in the Benevilla “Life Enrichment Programs” participate in a variety of arts projects, including music, dance, drama, painting and crafts.
These programs allow members to experience feelings of independence, belonging and friendship as they join in activities that challenge them to stay physically, mentally, and socially active and promote creative expression.
“We know that our art programs are instrumental in helping members become more socially engaged, enjoy better health and find greater happiness,” said Joanne Thomson, Benevilla president and CEO. “The passion and creativity of each member really shines through. They are so excited to share their beautiful work with our community.”
All member art at this exhibit is available for sale and proceeds go to fund further creative programming in the Life Enrichment programs.
Birt’s Bistro is located at the Benevilla main campus in the Hellen and John Jacobs Independence Plaza, 16752 N. Greasewood St., Surprise. Call 623-584-0065.
Editor’s Note: Mr. Lickus is the marketing coordinator at Benevilla.